Even though I have had a blog here before, I was never very active on it so there is still so much to learn. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know (and how to do it).
For the first time in 30 yrs I am truly an empty nester. For the first time in 30 yrs all of my children are hundreds of miles away. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, Be happy or sad. I'll let you know how it goes.
I have decided that beginning today, this year is for me!!! I really am tired of putting every ones feelings ahead of mine, of being worried that someone may may not be happy if I don't do things their way. Of being afraid to use my voice for what I feel is right.
This blog, I hope, will help to voice my thoughts and feelings, triumphs and disappointments, and to set new goals for myself.
My to do list for 2012:
- Stop smoking (quit date is Monday 1-9-12)
- Get healthier (Now that I have insurance it will be easier)
- Get my finances in order (ie, get out of debt)
- Be better organized
- Renew old friendships and make new ones better!
I hope you can join me in my journey to a better me!!
ok,lol thats better.thanks for the invite. good luck and tc.
ReplyDeleteDear Phyllis,
ReplyDeleteI am wishing you all the best for this New Year and new chapter to your life. Quitting smoking isn't an easy task. But take it one day at a time and you will feel better and be so proud of yourself. Hubby and I quit 14 years ago,cold turkey as they say..we were grouchy and it was truly hard.I chewed gum and had butterscotch candies in my purse. Hubby didn't chew on anything and he had to go to work where people smoked all day long. They allowed it in the steel mills.So it was harder on him. I still want one..I won't lie,but at todays prices who can afford it,really..
Thanks for your comment and support on my Blog 'Wishfull Thinking'
ReplyDeleteWishing you well
Aileen....X